There are eleven colored belt ranks before black belt. Yellow through Red also have a Senior Rank, which is distinguished by a solid black striped through the length of the belt. The average student will take about 4 months to progress from one belt to another, (the average student attends class at least two times per week). Some students may need more time to achieve their personal best.
· WHITE BELT - The White belt is the first belt level in TaeKwonDo. You will receive your white belt after you demonstrate the Punch, Front Kick, and show an understanding of the Tenets of TaeKwonDo.
· YELLOW BELT - The Yellow belt level introduces you to the fundamentals and will help you achieve better physical conditioning. It takes the average person about 3 ½ months to earn a Yellow Belt.
· GREEN BELT - The Green belt level begins to create and develop speed and power in your kicks and punches. By teaching you to block and counter punch with amazing effectiveness, the Green belt begins to perfect free sparring. You will notice that your confidence will have increased by this time. You are now well on your way to your Black Belt. It takes the average person about 10 months to earn a Green Belt.
· BLUE BELT - At Blue belt, you are enjoying a level of physical fitness and mental alertness that you have never experienced. Your kicking, blocking and counter skills have become reflexive, enabling you to learn advanced skills, paving the way to your Black Belt. It takes the average person about 18 months to earn a Blue Belt.
· BROWN BELT - At Brown belt level you will begin to perfect all basic techniques. A demonstration of this perfection is in a new requirement at this level, board breaking. Board breaking is an example of the power and accuracy that has been developed through TaeKwonDo training. An average student will take 2 years to earn a Brown Belt.
· RED BELT - At the Red belt level your posture and body language will express your newly found confidence. Your mental and emotional outlook is deepening and becoming more confident in fact, both your hands and feet are becoming effective weapons. It takes the average person about 3 years to earn a Red Belt.
· BLACK BELT - Finally, the Black Belt is the ultimate achievement in rank. Having reached this standard, you will have earned life-long benefits and quick reflexes, superb instincts, amazing speed and devastating power. It takes the average person between 4 to 5 years to earn a Black Belt. It is our philosophy to admit only those students who can potentially reach the Black Belt level with diligent training through regular class attendance. (Note: School aged children must have a “B” average prior to being awarded a Black Belt.)
By training at Clinton TaeKwonDo Academy, you will be associating with some of the best people in the area...people who are taking the time to improve their mental and physical abilities. Give yourself every opportunity to gain the winner’s outlook through the development of new skills with a strong sense of self-confidence, discipline, and respect.